7 December 2013


I walked in to the woods today at noon and came back two and half hours later. I was able to see clearly the bareness of the woods. Winter had settled in to the woods, like a squirrel in to it's nest. And it felt so right to see the trees without leaves, just few leaves hanging on the branches like they would want to still linger in the autumn. But i am sure when winter is heading forward it is lovely to see those few lingering leaves, like frosty winter ornaments. 


The ferns looked so lovely against the mossy ground and tree trunks. I decided to walk  different paths today, went to the Jack Reading's woods, which gives me chills. He was an thief who used to live in the woods on 15th century and had no happy ending. It is said that his ghost wanders in this part of the woods.  Usually I do not go there, but the woods was so inviting and did not wanted to turn away.  The atmosphere seemed to be there more dense, hard to explain.... but end of the woods I saw an douglas fir tree family. I was so glad to see them, i had forgot that they where there. Lately i have missed very much to see conifer woodlands, something which I was surrounded by when I lived in Finland. Douglas fir's are such a beautiful trees, one of my favorites... but choosing a favorite tree is like choosing a favorite sister among the three lovely sisters I have. Douglas fir needles smell lemony and you could make tea out of them. 


I found an old hollow way, which used to be an old road to London. You are able to see photos of the hollow way in the woods on my Instagram. And what an lovely road it was, up on a high hillside. on either side of the road old trees where standing tall, among the younger hazel trees. The road was filled with sweet scented crisp brown leaves. 


In the end of the walk dark clouds begun to gather on a sky and trees looked quite dramatic against the dark grey sky, while the pale winter sun touched barks of them. 

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful to enter into your woodland world, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marie. It is always so lovely to see you reading my posts.

      Delete
  2. Fab reading, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always beautiful sweet Delilah....seeing things from your point of view! Thank you so much for sharing dear friend, xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much Dawn.It is always lovely to read notes from old friends :-). i want to be back in the blogging world, and will add your blog on my new blog list.

      Delila

      Delete
  4. I have missed your poetic and beautiful words Delila! Sending hugs! I love the beauty you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sharon :-). I noticed that you are on Instagram as well, i need to add you on my likes. I will add your blog on my new blog list.

      Delete
  5. My dear friend Delilah, t his blog is magic, love the way you show the nature, i´m already a follower, since the robinandthesage i´m always here :)
    I will love your visit in my blog, see you there :)
    Hugs
    Nina ***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janine, thank you very much for your comment. Lovely to know that you will be reading my blog. this is a blog i truly want to write on to.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, Delilah dear...that was a soothing walk in the woods. I had the honor of being your first "follower" on bloglovin' for this new, lovely place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lesley, i have a lots to catch up with Wisteria & Sunshine, but that is what i like to do. have a lovely day with a cup of brew and read your wondrous writings Lesley.
      Photographing is something i have not done in quite a long time, so taking my camera in to the woods was a adventure itself. it is much more easier to just take your phone with me, but that won't do any longer. Thank you Lesley for following my blog!

      Delete
  7. So glad to find your gorgeous new blog! I look forward to your beautiful posts, they are so woodsy and nature inspired and your aesthetic is sooo similar to mine in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love your new blog, so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!
    Love your new blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, I feel as if I have landed in a beautiful hallowed out great oak, with tea brewing and a nice pillow on a rocker by the hob.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful post Delilah.......it makes me want to rug up and head out and wander in the woods, but I'm in the wrong country!!
    It's hot and dry here and Cicadas are making quite a noise. There is beauty in my surroundings, you just have to look a little harder to see it at this time of year.
    Lovely to visit your new blog.........

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous new blog. Looking forward to seeing more woodlandy posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous new blog. Looking forward to more woodlandy posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas my dear friend
    Bless
    Nina***

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delilah- your new blog is a peaceful and beautiful lace-- the walk in the woods was truly bliss--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to have found you again and looking forward to following your woodland adventures. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I agree with you- Handcross is a strange and wondrous little village where even Narnia can be found! !Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I look forward to more of your writings and images....I think you would like the Canadian band Great Lake Swimmers for their nature metaphors~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delila - Bob and I often talk of you and wonder what you are doing now. Are you still in England?
    Have missed your posts here, hopefully you will share more with us when you can.
    Take care - warm hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am JUST NOW finding this, delila! i don't use my laptop often anymore, and am not able to read my blogs as much as i used to. how lovely a place to visit.....xoxo Nina

    ReplyDelete